JDRF’s Greater Midwest Region Youth Fundraising Program
Kids for a Cure is a way for youth, teens and young adults to help make a difference in the fight against type 1 diabetes (T1D), while participating in an enjoyable community service team building activity.
Over 80% of fundraising dollars raised directly funds life-changing T1D research — research that is leading to better treatments, prevention, and one day a world without T1D. Your students will know that their fundraising efforts are being used to fund the best possible research — turning Type One into Type None.
Thank you in advance for your support. JDRF staff would be happy to have the opportunity to partner with your local schools or youth organizations, and provide the materials and guidance needed to launch a successful campaign.
Please feel free to contact us any time at 952-851-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to register for JDRF’s Kids for a Cure program and materials.
JDRF Spare Change Collection…
- Have a competition between classrooms or with other schools or groups to see who can raise the most.
JDRF Kids Walk…
- Encourage physical activity while raising funds for research. Students collect donations and then walk for a cure.
JDRF Paper Sneaker Sales…
- Line your walls with paper sneakers — yellow, blue, red and green!
Other Creative Ideas…
- Donate for crazy hat, pajama or casual day.
- Technology day — donate for time to play with their favorite electronics.
- Bottle drive, sports competition, or battle of the schools.
- Bake sale, dance-a-thon or cycle-a-thon.
- Design your own creative idea; select one of ours, or a combination of activities.
Click here to download the complete Fundraising Idea booklet.
After Your Fundraiser
We will send incentives earned and a thank you from JDRF.
- Bronze at $1,000
- Silver at $3,000
- Gold at $5,000
- Diamond at $10,000
– Schools/youth groups raising $500 and above will receive $50 to use as they choose.
– Schools/youth groups raising $1,000 and above will also receive a 3’x5′ custom banner to display as a record of their achievement!
Parent of a Child with T1D – Personal Experience with JDRF’s Kids for a Cure
“I have been amazed and inspired by the support and participation in three JDRF Kids for a Cure fundraisers at my children’s school. Our school district has emphasized character education for the last several years and our principal combines the trait of perseverance with JDRF fundraising. He talks about how students with type 1 diabetes (T1D) persevere in dealing with the disease. JDRF makes it easy by providing supplies. The school has supported other charities over the years, but the students raised much more for JDRF due in part to their personal connection to my son Christian and the other students with T1D. The students also learned valuable information about what T1D really is. We are hoping to have district-wide participation in the JDRF Kids for a Cure program next year to raise even more awareness and money for a cure. JDRF Kids for a Cure is a valuable experience in so many ways, so I would encourage all schools to participate.”
Sarah Brooks, Mom of T1D Christian
Rawson Elementary School, Wisconsin
Have Questions? Contact Us.
Certificates of Outstanding Participation
Classroom Activities and Teacher Resources
- Grades 1 and 2
- Grades 3 and 4
- Grades 5 and 6
- Materials for students middle school and up is available upon request